e n t r i e s
p r o f i l e
t a g b o a r d
l i n k s
Running Makes You Happy
written at Wednesday, April 29, 2009

When you cycle, swim, run or carry out any other form of strenuous endurance exercise, your pituitary gland releases substantial quantities of endorphins, natural painkillers that promote an increased sense of euphoria. It makes you feel happy.

You are swallowed by a horde of assessment books and homework like a helpless animal trapped in crude oil, your results came back unsatisfactory and your mother just grounded you from all forms of entertainment. You are not happy.

Or, your situation can be like mine. Bored, too free, yearning blood circulation after vegetating at home. So why not devote some time of your week to run? You'll be happier =D

However, there are a few things which I would like to share with you guys which can sometimes deter me from running.

One thing about running which I get particularly frustrated over time and time again, stamina. You leave house thinking you are this incredible Hulk with large strides equally matching your confidence. And after a few steep slopes, you end up panting like a fish on land.

I want to avoid the following things while running as it simple kills the enjoyment, they are...

1. Rubbish Truck.
2. Rubbish Dump.
3. Sewage.
4. Queer middle aged man running behind, smiling at you for whatever the reason.

No pain no gain I guess, I have to muster the discipline and the motivation to run on a regular basis. For those who are living around the Bukit Timah area, why not join me for a leisurely jog around the neighbourhood?