Another Wednesday
written at Wednesday, May 13, 2009
I bought my first guitar string! The strings on my guitar were getting pretty worn and I was determined to disallow that from pretermitting.
Went to Davis Guitar with Yang-Shen and got myself brand new strings. To those guitarists who have restrung their guitar countless times, can you guys remember the very first time you took off those ugly strings which came with the guitar when you bought it and replaced it with your very own? My time has come. Now the challenging part, restringing....
Headed to Ye Old Brown Shoe with Andrew just down the road for a hearty fish and chip dinner. The fish and chips were delicious and it took me a long 45 minutes later to deliver the coup de gras on the meal. I downed the pint of apple cider with unrelenting furore. Satisfying.
Will be thrashing in the pool tomorrow morning. See you there.
Another Wednesday
written at Wednesday, May 13, 2009
I bought my first guitar string! The strings on my guitar were getting pretty worn and I was determined to disallow that from pretermitting.
Went to Davis Guitar with Yang-Shen and got myself brand new strings. To those guitarists who have restrung their guitar countless times, can you guys remember the very first time you took off those ugly strings which came with the guitar when you bought it and replaced it with your very own? My time has come. Now the challenging part, restringing....
Headed to Ye Old Brown Shoe with Andrew just down the road for a hearty fish and chip dinner. The fish and chips were delicious and it took me a long 45 minutes later to deliver the coup de gras on the meal. I downed the pint of apple cider with unrelenting furore. Satisfying.
Will be thrashing in the pool tomorrow morning. See you there.
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer