e n t r i e s
p r o f i l e
t a g b o a r d
l i n k s
The Barking Dog
written at Sunday, May 17, 2009

My precious sleeping time these few days have been disrupted by my Uncle & Aunt's dog which they have dumped at our place while they went overseas. It's a cute furry dog, every time I come home after the day out it will come up to me and start sniffing around. It's cuteness however does not give it the excuse to bark all morning!

My blanket will wrap around me like a cocoon, I will be sleeping so soundly in my chamber only to be woken up by an annoying rage-inducing barking noise. It will bark every few seconds for an excruciating 1 hour before probably getting bored. If I could imagine what the dog was actually saying in English it maybe would have been...

"I shall bark outside Elliot's room so that Elliot take me for a walk yay."
"He is not coming out so I shall continue to bark."
"Bark bark bark, okay I'm bored, I shall resume tomorrow."

No you will not.

If this dog does not stop over these next few days, it shall incur my wrath.

Smart dog though, it's toilet trained but that's all there is to it. Basically to the dog, being toilet trained means simply going to the toilet and not caring where it does it's business. I opened the toilet door to brush my teeth, lo and behold there was a glorious pile of nature before me. I stood in awe, and also standing there somewhat befuddled and wishing that dogs could be smarter or at least more courteous.