I Want To Be Onboard The U.S.S Enterprise
written at Friday, May 8, 2009
I have reverted back to my child-like tendencies of imagining and fantasizing about starships with laser beams, warp drives and a whole list of other futuristic weapons and technologies. I have only one movie to blame, Star Trek. One kick-ass of a movie.
The Disney castle will be demolished and blown into smithereens after a starship fires it's phase cannons at it. How are you going to defend yourself Disney? Shoot dwarves? (Rolls on the floor laughing).
Can Zac Efron travel through warp space? Can Hannah Montana command a starship? Do the Jonas Brothers even know how to drive a car? The answer is No. They do have one thing in common though, that is getting themselves blown to bits by laser beams pew pew.
Think about it, would you rather sing kiddy pop to a bunch of girls (sadly, even a few guys) who will start screaming away in an emotional frenzy, or would you rather pilot the U.S.S enterprise and save mankind from destruction? The choice is yours.

Personally, I do not have much knowledge about the Star Trek series, but thank goodness my Uncle was with me to fill me in on some "vital information" so that I can make sense of the movie. This movie was a clear upgrade from the ones previously released in the 90's and is a complete reboot of the franchise. However, I was glad that they continued to stay true to the original series, keeping a lot of the science fiction dialogue and themes that made the original series so enjoyable. The CGI was breathtaking, the environments were stunning, the storyline was genius, connecting both the old and the new together.
I do not want to spoil it for you guys, but I would give this movie a 4.8/5. Not a perfect score because I never got to pilot a starship of my own :(
I Want To Be Onboard The U.S.S Enterprise
written at Friday, May 8, 2009
I have reverted back to my child-like tendencies of imagining and fantasizing about starships with laser beams, warp drives and a whole list of other futuristic weapons and technologies. I have only one movie to blame, Star Trek. One kick-ass of a movie.
The Disney castle will be demolished and blown into smithereens after a starship fires it's phase cannons at it. How are you going to defend yourself Disney? Shoot dwarves? (Rolls on the floor laughing).
Can Zac Efron travel through warp space? Can Hannah Montana command a starship? Do the Jonas Brothers even know how to drive a car? The answer is No. They do have one thing in common though, that is getting themselves blown to bits by laser beams pew pew.
Think about it, would you rather sing kiddy pop to a bunch of girls (sadly, even a few guys) who will start screaming away in an emotional frenzy, or would you rather pilot the U.S.S enterprise and save mankind from destruction? The choice is yours.

Personally, I do not have much knowledge about the Star Trek series, but thank goodness my Uncle was with me to fill me in on some "vital information" so that I can make sense of the movie. This movie was a clear upgrade from the ones previously released in the 90's and is a complete reboot of the franchise. However, I was glad that they continued to stay true to the original series, keeping a lot of the science fiction dialogue and themes that made the original series so enjoyable. The CGI was breathtaking, the environments were stunning, the storyline was genius, connecting both the old and the new together.
I do not want to spoil it for you guys, but I would give this movie a 4.8/5. Not a perfect score because I never got to pilot a starship of my own :(
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer