e n t r i e s
p r o f i l e
t a g b o a r d
l i n k s
Photography
written at Monday, May 4, 2009

There are alot of hobbies I can pursue while I'm in New Zealand. One of them I have decided to revive is my old hobby of photography, this old passion has been sitting on the shelf stale for the past 3 years. It is time to unite with my old lover.

I took it as a subject in college but ever since my end of year projects, I have never really touched my trusty Nikon FM2. That poor thing is probably sitting in the dry box screaming, "Come and use me now!" Don't worry my love, I'm coming back for you and we'll have wonderful adventures together!

I miss the times where I could comb the old jetty at Pakuranga, the rock pools at Buckland's Beach, visit the grounded sail boats at Half Moon Bay or take long exposures during the night at the Auckland Harbour Bridge.

But at the same time, as I explore the wonderful sights of this beautiful country. I am reminded.

There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is! ~DeGriff