e n t r i e s
p r o f i l e
t a g b o a r d
l i n k s
Tchoukball Thursday!
written at Thursday, May 21, 2009

You may be asking yourself this question, "What on earth Tchoukball?" Well like you, I asked myself the exact same question. Today my question was answered, having joined a couple of the YM dudes with the Outrum Secondary School team for a match. I have one thing to add! It is exciting!

Besides the game itself I personally think Tchoukball is a wonderful way to get moving as fast as any other court sport but without the injuries as the game does not allow blocking, intercepting or tackling.

I am a rugby frenzy-pants (Most New Zealanders are anyway) so the concept of "No blocking, intercepting or tackling" was of foreign taste to me. But after a few minutes into the match, after learning the intricate rules of the game, I have learnt to appreciate the game more and more.

And no it isn't like soccer, when you score the ball does not go into the goal post, it bounces off it. So below is an example of what the "goal post" looks like.

And you guys will be going, "How the heck am I supposed to score!? The net is blocking the way!" Well you guys score by bouncing the ball off the net, fast enough so that the opponent does not catch the ball as it bounces off, scoring your team a point. Interesting eh?

I shall not divulge any more information, if you would like to know more about this sport, come along to Third Place 29th of May! There will be a match in the afternoon. So why not try out something new? :P

Better take an early rest, supporting the epic rugby finals match between ACJC and RJC tomorrow, those who wants to come, kick-off is at 4:30pm at the Old Police Academy at Toa Payoh, be there or be square. Time to kick some greenie ass!