e n t r i e s
p r o f i l e
t a g b o a r d
l i n k s
My Attempt At Being An Ebert & Roeper
written at Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Just came back from watching Transformers. I'll just give a quick review of how I thought of the whole thing. The CGI was wowzers, the effects, the action, the explosions were absolutely nice to look at although a bit messy at times, I couldn't tell which robot is fighting which. Come on Michael Bay, if you want to blow up stuff and trash robots around on the battlefield you got to do it tastefully...

It's such an expensive movie to make, you could see millions burning away on the screen every second the robots are up there. They probably spent millions and millions more on getting the U.S army to take part. The whole movie is another big advertisement for showing off their muscle, I have to say what they have is pretty impressive.

So...SAF...Something to learn from them when it comes to effective advertising eh? :/

The overall story was horrendous, the humour was not really that funny, the dialogue was cheesy. Megan Fox was really good looking as usual (although she looks better in movies than in real life, must be the make up), Isabel Lucas kicked Megan Fox into the bin in my opinion, man she was smokin, she could smoke a salmon (Sorry I'm craving for a good smoked salmon now).

The whole movie was average, I think the first one was better. You have to watch the movie to sort of get what I mean. But like any other typical popcorn munchin American summer blockbuster, this movie does not serve to get you thinking, it's intention (ultimately reflecting the intention of the hollywood studios) is to make it as understandable to as many people as possible, even the little toddles who would by the toys from the store. Why this intention? Money duh...

It isn't Shawshank Redemption or Titanic, if you are expecting this movie to be along those lines, then this isn't where you should be looking.

An interesting fact as well, the top of the Pyramids was shot for the first time in film history. Must be quite a hard decision to make for the Egyptian government to give you unprecedented filming access to their ancient monuments – and let you throw giant movie monsters at their Pyramids.