e n t r i e s
p r o f i l e
t a g b o a r d
l i n k s
What's Penang Laksa Doing Here?
written at Saturday, June 20, 2009

Headed to a nearby eating place owned by a few malaysians. They served all sorts of malaysian and south indian specialties, which was quite suprising seeing that the only good asian food that we can ever find here are from the cantonese and koreans. None of the satays or laksas that Singapore and Malaysia would have usually.

So it was a pretty cold night, I ordered their Penang Laksa which looked pretty good on the photo. Looked even better when they served it. I took a little sip of the concoction and suddenly, a wave of heat surged through my body and I instantaneously warmed up, after a few rounds in my mouth, I was sweating beneath the jacket. Little did I know that there were mini nuclear bombs floating around in the laksa gravy.

I accidentely crunched on a little piece of chilli padi and my eyes couldn't stop watering, seriously this is probably one of the spiciest things I have eaten during my stay here. Even my parents who are chilli fanatics do not add such forbidden fruit into their dishes in these quantities...

Anyway it's really awesome how you can find more and more varieties of foods from various cultures in Auckland now. There's a little South African meat shop just down the road too, might try that. They sell sausages which stretch a few metres long!

But that's another story for another day.