You And I Be The Singers
written at Sunday, June 14, 2009
Today was the first time I attended the service of the church my parents attend. Was looking through the order of service and came across the very familiar hymn that I came across while in Singapore. To me, this hymn served as a refreshing reminder of God's love for all of us and an encouragement to continue sharing or in this case "singing" this love to those around us.
He came singing love
and He died singing love;
He died, singing love.
He arose in silence.
For the love to go on
We must make it our song:
You and I be the singers.
Ever since I have landed in my country, yes, it was definitely out of my comfort zone, definitely out of what I am used to. And after seeing and realizing that there is so much work to be done here, I thank God for opening my eyes to these things. But with this, it does not mean I can sit back, relax and observe these things has they happen at a distance.
Many of the churches in New Zealand are spiritually weak, it is a very secular (hunting, fishing, mountaineering, but no church, well, only on their wedding day) country. There are growing numbers of immigrants who attend the churches but more and more of European Kiwi's are dropping out and this trend is very disturbing. If you are reading this, please pray for the church in New Zealand.
May God's way be realized anew in this part of the world.
You And I Be The Singers
written at Sunday, June 14, 2009
Today was the first time I attended the service of the church my parents attend. Was looking through the order of service and came across the very familiar hymn that I came across while in Singapore. To me, this hymn served as a refreshing reminder of God's love for all of us and an encouragement to continue sharing or in this case "singing" this love to those around us.
He came singing love
and He died singing love;
He died, singing love.
He arose in silence.
For the love to go on
We must make it our song:
You and I be the singers.
Ever since I have landed in my country, yes, it was definitely out of my comfort zone, definitely out of what I am used to. And after seeing and realizing that there is so much work to be done here, I thank God for opening my eyes to these things. But with this, it does not mean I can sit back, relax and observe these things has they happen at a distance.
Many of the churches in New Zealand are spiritually weak, it is a very secular (hunting, fishing, mountaineering, but no church, well, only on their wedding day) country. There are growing numbers of immigrants who attend the churches but more and more of European Kiwi's are dropping out and this trend is very disturbing. If you are reading this, please pray for the church in New Zealand.
May God's way be realized anew in this part of the world.
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer