e n t r i e s
p r o f i l e
t a g b o a r d
l i n k s
Happy National Day
written at Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy National Day to my fellow Singaporeans here and abroad! I'm not sure what's going on in Singapore now but I heard the government is pumping in big money to "raise awareness" of National Day in Singapore.

Anyway I believe it's the 44th National Day? After watching about 20 National Days (Yes that's how old I am, and that's how young Singapore is as a country), I think really good that this small little red dot of a country has something for its citizens to look forward to. The benefit of being a small country is that you can easily push things forward and create convenient systems, whether it is the MRT or the bus transit system. It will be much harder to organize if Singapore was much bigger, so I think it is due to their small size that Singapore has come to be a country with a "well connected" infrastructure.

Anyway, not bad for a small country. They surely know how to light up the place. Although I still detest the fact the IR is being built behind, the National Day Parade also serves as a big display on TV as if saying, "Hey look guys, the construction is underway for the casino! Check it out!"



Thank you for invite out to lunch with you guys by the way! It has been great having fellowship with you guys! :D