e n t r i e s
p r o f i l e
t a g b o a r d
l i n k s
The Sufficiency Of Scripture
written at Friday, August 14, 2009

Thank goodness it's Friday! I can finally have a relaxing weekend, not. The next 2 weeks will involve hardcore slogging and worming in the books for my upcoming tests and assignments. A couple of us were cracking our brains on the accounting assignment for days on end, finally getting our heads around it yesterday.

Will be spending the whole day at the University tomorrow to sort out more accounting assessments and a microeconomics essay. Things have really started to pick up at University and it's time to put my discipline to the test.

Went for a meeting on facilitating bible study which was run by a new friend of mine named Elliot (same name which is awesome because Elliots are rare). Did some sharings on bible study and I came out of the meeting feeling very refreshed, encouraged and heartened to see many brothers and sisters who have a passion for the Word and having this deep desire to share the good news with others!

During the meeting I was reminded about the supreme authority of scripture.

Woud like to share with you what I thought was a wonderful quote from Charles Spurgeon, who gave this reply when asked why he didn't defend the bible against its naysayers, critics and skeptics. He replied, "I don't defend the lion. I just let him out of the cage." The lion has nothing to prove, no necessity for debate on its lion-ness, its nature and ferocity only to be allowed out of its cage and it would be what a lion was designed to be - a lion. The Bible, as the Word of God, need only the same opportunity and it will defend itself and accomplish its designed and desired end.

The following quote above reminds us again of the sufficiency of scripture. May we have confidence in it whilst leading, and have confidence in the spirit to speak!

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness