e n t r i e s
p r o f i l e
t a g b o a r d
l i n k s
The Valley Of Vision
written at Wednesday, August 26, 2009

When You lead me to the valley of vision
I can see You in the heights
And though my humbling wouldn’t be my decision
It’s here Your glory shines so bright
So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown
To be low is to be high
That the valley’s where You make me more like Christ

Let me find Your grace in the valley
Let me find Your life in my death
Let me find Your joy in my sorrow
Your wealth in my need
That You’re near with every breath
In the valley

In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
But they only shine at night
And the deeper that I go into darkness
The more I see their radiant light
So let me learn that my losses are my gain
To be broken is to heal
That the valley’s where Your power is revealed



This song reminds me of one particular person, Helen Keller. I'm sure a lot of you would have heard of her or know who she actually is. She once said, "It is a terrible thing to be able to see but have no vision."

Isaiah 45:3 "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places"

What does this verse mean? What does it mean treasures in the darkness? Can we find any treasures in the darkness? When our lives just merely come down on us, studies, commitments, family issues, friendship issues, anything at all, yet why does that verse say that we will find treasures of darkness?

The song above answers it very simply, yet profoundly. We cannot see the stars in the heavens during the day, it is only at night where we truly see them shine. Whenever we journey through life during the good times, when things seem that they couldn't get any better, we don't see any of this. It is during these dark times, these tough times that we see God's hand work. We see His light, we experience His grace and mercy, we are warmed by His love.

And I guess that is something we should all be grateful for! Knowing that fact, God is showing us and leading us His way through these times. What is there to fear? What is there to be uncertain about!

One thing I know for sure, is that God will never lead us into darkness without handing us a pick to dig for these treasures. Our Father knows best.