More Than Enough
written at Thursday, September 10, 2009
Was recalling the previous post I made a few months ago on Livejournal. It's good to reflect and recap what you have mentioned on your blog in the past as it really does bring back a lot of memories of what your journey has been like. So this post was made on the 3rd of March 2009 on my old Livejournal account.
I am blessed. I ever knew what it was like to be growing up in an atheist family. I am still unfamiliar with some aspects of how an atheist would think, not primarily in his/her views towards the question of whether or not God exists, but rather the personality and the moral standpoints as a result of that primary belief.
I was taking the bus back home today, staring out the window in quiet contemplation.
I realised how hard it is to grasp and agree with atheism. Here is just one little point.
If we were to look around us, and notice the little processes and systems going around in society today, we would then notice that we are surrounded by labels. The moment we are born, we have a birth certificate number, we are tagged and our specifications are next entered into a computer system to be stored for further updating in the future, only to be deleted with a push of a button once our time has come.
How far you progress in this world only matters because your "label" has been decked out with what seems to be impressive information and achievements. The more you have these the more expensive you become, the more your "worth" increases.
There has to be more than just this robotic and mindless adherence which leads to NO WHERE. Are the atheists just waiting? And what are they waiting for? Whether it be subconscious or not, their time on earth will soon end, like the rest of us. Do they ever consider where they'll go after this life?
Surely not floating around as little gnomes in deep empty space right?
What is the ultimate consequence?
I know there is a truth, a truth which will set all of us free. In it's all-sufficiency, it's eternal satisfaction, a truth which nourishes.
The following verse means so much more to me now.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
What do all of these labels and price tags matter? When you have already been bought by His blood.
More Than Enough
written at Thursday, September 10, 2009
Was recalling the previous post I made a few months ago on Livejournal. It's good to reflect and recap what you have mentioned on your blog in the past as it really does bring back a lot of memories of what your journey has been like. So this post was made on the 3rd of March 2009 on my old Livejournal account.
I am blessed. I ever knew what it was like to be growing up in an atheist family. I am still unfamiliar with some aspects of how an atheist would think, not primarily in his/her views towards the question of whether or not God exists, but rather the personality and the moral standpoints as a result of that primary belief.
I was taking the bus back home today, staring out the window in quiet contemplation.
I realised how hard it is to grasp and agree with atheism. Here is just one little point.
If we were to look around us, and notice the little processes and systems going around in society today, we would then notice that we are surrounded by labels. The moment we are born, we have a birth certificate number, we are tagged and our specifications are next entered into a computer system to be stored for further updating in the future, only to be deleted with a push of a button once our time has come.
How far you progress in this world only matters because your "label" has been decked out with what seems to be impressive information and achievements. The more you have these the more expensive you become, the more your "worth" increases.
There has to be more than just this robotic and mindless adherence which leads to NO WHERE. Are the atheists just waiting? And what are they waiting for? Whether it be subconscious or not, their time on earth will soon end, like the rest of us. Do they ever consider where they'll go after this life?
Surely not floating around as little gnomes in deep empty space right?
What is the ultimate consequence?
I know there is a truth, a truth which will set all of us free. In it's all-sufficiency, it's eternal satisfaction, a truth which nourishes.
The following verse means so much more to me now.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
What do all of these labels and price tags matter? When you have already been bought by His blood.
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer