Okay Betty Crocker Brownies Is A No No
written at Monday, September 14, 2009
Alright I was pigging out on some Betty Crocker Brownies with Vanilla Ice cream and I just happened to be bored so I posted this on Facebook. 5 minutes later after my lovely cousin in-law comes and makes a comment.
"Whey! How could you? From a box!? Try this" *Whips out the full blown recipe in the comment box*
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate (dark chocolate)
1 cup butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup raw dark sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp salt
Optional:
1 tbsp instant espresso powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Melt the butter and chocolate together (and coffee if using), cool slightly. Add all the sugar and mix well. Add beaten egg and vanilla. Sift in flour and salt (and cinnamon is using) fold until thoroughly mixed. The batter won't be super smooth. Stir in the nuts.
Pour the whole thing into a 8 inch pan and bake in a 180 C oven for 25-30 mins. The tester should not be super clean. Do not cut until cooled.
What will I do without you Jeremy. You and Shu better be creating a great recipe book soon! Be sure to reserve an autographed one for me :)
Okay Betty Crocker Brownies Is A No No
written at Monday, September 14, 2009
Alright I was pigging out on some Betty Crocker Brownies with Vanilla Ice cream and I just happened to be bored so I posted this on Facebook. 5 minutes later after my lovely cousin in-law comes and makes a comment.
"Whey! How could you? From a box!? Try this" *Whips out the full blown recipe in the comment box*
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate (dark chocolate)
1 cup butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup raw dark sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp salt
Optional:
1 tbsp instant espresso powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Melt the butter and chocolate together (and coffee if using), cool slightly. Add all the sugar and mix well. Add beaten egg and vanilla. Sift in flour and salt (and cinnamon is using) fold until thoroughly mixed. The batter won't be super smooth. Stir in the nuts.
Pour the whole thing into a 8 inch pan and bake in a 180 C oven for 25-30 mins. The tester should not be super clean. Do not cut until cooled.
What will I do without you Jeremy. You and Shu better be creating a great recipe book soon! Be sure to reserve an autographed one for me :)
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer