The House That Fire Built
written at Saturday, October 3, 2009
I see the truth rising up in flames.
Oh it burns away at the remains,
And it's strong enough to overtake the rain.
Bright enough to see the light of day.
When all the flames came rushing, well you know it was beautiful.
But you've still got something more to say.
For this world today I know that we could change
So let's make a pact, to never hold it back.
Won't you take that fire with you and then start a new one?
Go ahead and then start a new one.
Yeah!
We've started a new one.
I can't help but notice the possible Christian allegory in the lyrics of the song above. Could you spot it too?
The House That Fire Built
written at Saturday, October 3, 2009
I see the truth rising up in flames.
Oh it burns away at the remains,
And it's strong enough to overtake the rain.
Bright enough to see the light of day.
When all the flames came rushing, well you know it was beautiful.
But you've still got something more to say.
For this world today I know that we could change
So let's make a pact, to never hold it back.
Won't you take that fire with you and then start a new one?
Go ahead and then start a new one.
Yeah!
We've started a new one.
I can't help but notice the possible Christian allegory in the lyrics of the song above. Could you spot it too?
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer