Ramblings Of A Beggar
written at Tuesday, October 27, 2009
I am in need, I need strength, I need the Lord's guidance. At the same time, through my struggles, it is again so heartening to have friends who can listen to me and pray for me. Sharing with them what I am going through really does lift 10000kgs of burden from your shoulders. Reading their blogs, reading what they have written about their struggles also tells me that we're all human, we all need Jesus in our lives, it is a lifelong journey. A journey on which we will fall and get up again in His strength, in His power.
I feel so deeply moved, I feel a connection when people around me share their experiences and how God has worked in their lives, even though it's still hard, each day being a wrestle, the Lord is shaping them. I am sorry if I haven't been there to listen, oh how often I forget that God has not called me to "fix" people, but to love them.
Sometimes being where I am, in New Zealand, the environment is very different, liberalism and secularism to the max...At times I feel alone, at times I feel helpless where I am. Sometimes complaining, "I wished I were still comfortable where I was in Singapore, so many more Christians in Singapore blablabla...ramble ramble." I pray that I'll find more friends here who are struggling and wrestling in the same journey as I am here in New Zealand.
Integrity, what is integrity? When the "Babylons" of this modern world have so much to offer, I mean seriously there are so many things I can be doing now, lusts, pleasures, things which are displeasing to God, and yes I do fall for them, is it a surprise?
Was flipping through Mentoring Paradigms by Edmund Chan, and I came across this, "Our status in leadership refers to the titles that we have and the positions that we hold. The stature of leadership comprises of two aspects: our credibility (how others view us) and our confidence (how we view ourselves). But of far greater importance is our substance (how God views us). An iceberg is an apt analogy."
Substance, what is within us, is what matters most to God...And I want that...I want to live with Authenticity in my worship...I want to be Broken in my walk and to have Courage in my work...
2 Corinthians 10:4-5"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete."
We are in it together, right guys?
Ramblings Of A Beggar
written at Tuesday, October 27, 2009
I am in need, I need strength, I need the Lord's guidance. At the same time, through my struggles, it is again so heartening to have friends who can listen to me and pray for me. Sharing with them what I am going through really does lift 10000kgs of burden from your shoulders. Reading their blogs, reading what they have written about their struggles also tells me that we're all human, we all need Jesus in our lives, it is a lifelong journey. A journey on which we will fall and get up again in His strength, in His power.
I feel so deeply moved, I feel a connection when people around me share their experiences and how God has worked in their lives, even though it's still hard, each day being a wrestle, the Lord is shaping them. I am sorry if I haven't been there to listen, oh how often I forget that God has not called me to "fix" people, but to love them.
Sometimes being where I am, in New Zealand, the environment is very different, liberalism and secularism to the max...At times I feel alone, at times I feel helpless where I am. Sometimes complaining, "I wished I were still comfortable where I was in Singapore, so many more Christians in Singapore blablabla...ramble ramble." I pray that I'll find more friends here who are struggling and wrestling in the same journey as I am here in New Zealand.
Integrity, what is integrity? When the "Babylons" of this modern world have so much to offer, I mean seriously there are so many things I can be doing now, lusts, pleasures, things which are displeasing to God, and yes I do fall for them, is it a surprise?
Was flipping through Mentoring Paradigms by Edmund Chan, and I came across this, "Our status in leadership refers to the titles that we have and the positions that we hold. The stature of leadership comprises of two aspects: our credibility (how others view us) and our confidence (how we view ourselves). But of far greater importance is our substance (how God views us). An iceberg is an apt analogy."
Substance, what is within us, is what matters most to God...And I want that...I want to live with Authenticity in my worship...I want to be Broken in my walk and to have Courage in my work...
2 Corinthians 10:4-5"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete."
We are in it together, right guys?