Hi-Fi Madness
written at Thursday, November 19, 2009
I managed to deck out my room with a pretty good sound system! I can finally listen to my lossless audio and CD's how the audiophiles listen to it. Carried our huge home-made sub into the room, got some Blaupunkt speakers and a Cyrus amplifier, plugged them into the computer and meddled around with the equalizer settings. I am very satisfied with the system!
What is good music without a good system? Cut it out with the iPods and the generic earphones. You will find that with a good Hi-Fi system, your music will jump into your ears like never before. You will be listening to your old tracks again because they just sound so fresh and new. Every nuance, every note, every timbre, every slight effect will be heard. If you position your speakers right, you will be thrust into a new environment, it will be as if you are standing right before a sound stage with the actual band playing in front of you.
I can finally crank up some Holly Cole Trio and Michael Buble.
Hi-Fi Madness
written at Thursday, November 19, 2009
I managed to deck out my room with a pretty good sound system! I can finally listen to my lossless audio and CD's how the audiophiles listen to it. Carried our huge home-made sub into the room, got some Blaupunkt speakers and a Cyrus amplifier, plugged them into the computer and meddled around with the equalizer settings. I am very satisfied with the system!
What is good music without a good system? Cut it out with the iPods and the generic earphones. You will find that with a good Hi-Fi system, your music will jump into your ears like never before. You will be listening to your old tracks again because they just sound so fresh and new. Every nuance, every note, every timbre, every slight effect will be heard. If you position your speakers right, you will be thrust into a new environment, it will be as if you are standing right before a sound stage with the actual band playing in front of you.
I can finally crank up some Holly Cole Trio and Michael Buble.
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer