e n t r i e s
p r o f i l e
t a g b o a r d
l i n k s
I'll Keep Persevering
written at Thursday, November 26, 2009

In Romans, God reveals His love for me. In all things God works only for my good. He gives me blessings I can't understand, how unfathomable are His ways and how mysterious! He forgave so much, why then can't I? I want to mold my life after His own. I pray, I try but my sinful nature wins. In Colossians, I read about the peace of Christ, oh how I long to feel it in my heart. But it seems so hard because sometimes I don't know where to start.

I am such a wretch, a rag wiped and smeared with sin. We're so different from His heart and mind. But wait, I just remembered that He does know what it's like to be part of humankind. He lived among sinners, He ate with them. He suffered just like we do, and He was tempted. He lived with us so He could comprehend the things that we go through each trying day. So He could give us mercy, be our Friend. Oh how I overlook this and turn my face away with such ungratefulness.

Yet despite all that is happening here in life, I want to keep praying, trying, no matter what.

You could count on a perfect Christian
To always be gentle and humble,
To be immune to sin,
And never, ever stumble.

He’d study and remember
All of God’s commands;
He’d be trustworthy, moral and honest;
You’d know just where he stands.

With others, she’d be in harmony;
She’d never lose her cool;
Forgiving and forgetting,
Following the Golden Rule.

He’d surrender his life to God,
Full of joy and peace,
Free of stress and worry…
Perfect, pure release.

She’d lift up everyone,
Full of sweet compassion,
Free of worldly wants,
Ignoring worldly fashion.

But we can’t ever be perfect,
So we always need to pray
For the strength to do our best
To love God and obey.