Because He Lives, I Can Face Tomorrow
written at Saturday, January 23, 2010
Jeremiah 29:11-13 “For I know the thoughts I have toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.Then you will call upon Me and go pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.”
I stumbled across this verse while searching for one for a good friend of mine, I too was impacted greatly by the truths expressed in this passage. I can't help but blog about it to share it with you guys. I don't think God plays hide and seek, He is found by those who seek Him, with all their heart. This assurance warms me, I know that I will feel warm even in the midst of a cold winter's night, I know that I can smile, quietly, confidently because I know He's there. It's quite surreal if you ask me. Tonight's going to be a good night.
Keith picked this song for GAP today, first time singing this song in a long long time. But have a look at the lyrics, how fitting!
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
Because He Lives, I Can Face Tomorrow
written at Saturday, January 23, 2010
Jeremiah 29:11-13 “For I know the thoughts I have toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.Then you will call upon Me and go pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.”
I stumbled across this verse while searching for one for a good friend of mine, I too was impacted greatly by the truths expressed in this passage. I can't help but blog about it to share it with you guys. I don't think God plays hide and seek, He is found by those who seek Him, with all their heart. This assurance warms me, I know that I will feel warm even in the midst of a cold winter's night, I know that I can smile, quietly, confidently because I know He's there. It's quite surreal if you ask me. Tonight's going to be a good night.
Keith picked this song for GAP today, first time singing this song in a long long time. But have a look at the lyrics, how fitting!
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer