To Those Receiving Their O Level Results
written at Tuesday, January 12, 2010
I happened to be on the bus on the way to get my hair cut, passing a few secondary schools along the way, as the bus drove pass the bus stop, I spotted a girl crying. There were a few black faces around, some were smiling and talking to their friends, some weren't in the mood to talk at all. I can only assume that it was because of the O Level results day.
All in all, I think it is only natural, I would be disappointed to, terribly disappointed actually, aspirations and dreams would be shattered in an instant, upon receiving those results. I went home and dug up the old post I made a few months back. To all you who are reading this blog, may it be an encouragement for you. And to all those who are happy and satisfied for their results, be that listening ear, be that shoulder, be that support to your friends who need it during this time alright?
This post was dated 20th September 2009. Have a read.
I am not a genius, I have have an average intelligence. But I still remember the very first day I entered University, in the car on the way there. My dad mentioned something very insightful and refreshing, "You know mum and I do not expect you to get the best grades ever, we all have different abilities and talents. If we get disappointed, are we telling God that we are not satisfied the way He created us? Therefore what we expect of you isn't the grades, but for you to have a good attitude, and to just simply do your best, and I'm sure that's what God expects of you too."
In a time like this, when the examinations and the assignment deadlines start creeping in, the uncertainty and the tendency to be discouraged upon getting an unexpected grade, I am grateful that the Lord has created me to be who I am today.

Matthew 11:29-30
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Whatever the result, always remember that God still loves you.
To Those Receiving Their O Level Results
written at Tuesday, January 12, 2010
I happened to be on the bus on the way to get my hair cut, passing a few secondary schools along the way, as the bus drove pass the bus stop, I spotted a girl crying. There were a few black faces around, some were smiling and talking to their friends, some weren't in the mood to talk at all. I can only assume that it was because of the O Level results day.
All in all, I think it is only natural, I would be disappointed to, terribly disappointed actually, aspirations and dreams would be shattered in an instant, upon receiving those results. I went home and dug up the old post I made a few months back. To all you who are reading this blog, may it be an encouragement for you. And to all those who are happy and satisfied for their results, be that listening ear, be that shoulder, be that support to your friends who need it during this time alright?
This post was dated 20th September 2009. Have a read.
I am not a genius, I have have an average intelligence. But I still remember the very first day I entered University, in the car on the way there. My dad mentioned something very insightful and refreshing, "You know mum and I do not expect you to get the best grades ever, we all have different abilities and talents. If we get disappointed, are we telling God that we are not satisfied the way He created us? Therefore what we expect of you isn't the grades, but for you to have a good attitude, and to just simply do your best, and I'm sure that's what God expects of you too."
In a time like this, when the examinations and the assignment deadlines start creeping in, the uncertainty and the tendency to be discouraged upon getting an unexpected grade, I am grateful that the Lord has created me to be who I am today.

Matthew 11:29-30
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Whatever the result, always remember that God still loves you.
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer