Flying Back
written at Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Alright so it's been many months, time indeed does fly by like a speeding bullet, I'm yet to complete my packing, was taking a short afternoon nap because my morning has been pretty full, saw Samantha off at the airport today, will miss her, she's on a mission trip to Myanmar, pretty dangerous if you ask me, I pray that God will protect the group as they set out to make His name known over there. I'm not part of Trackers, don't really know much about it, all I know is the BC girls have been preparing and committing their time to training, learning and preparing themselves for this, I'm very sure the Lord has taught them many new things over the past few weeks, it'll be one big experience.
I'll miss all my friends here in Singapore, you know who you are, those people I've hung out with, ate with, talked with, shared with, prayed with, photo-posed with. It's been such an eventful few months, the only thing I won't miss after flying back to NZ is the sweltering, scorching heat that I've experienced while I was here, the CNY period was especially insane.
Another new page in the book, University starts in March, will be settling down and resting, spending time with family before commencing my studies, I'm quite excited actually, a tad bit scared, fearful if you will, of what the future holds, but I thank God for all your encouragements the last few days, pointing me back to the scriptures. "Wish I had some ancient advice for you to survive, but I realised it is all found in the Bible!" - Gladwin.
I've gotten closer to many more people I never knew I would grow closer to while in Singapore, shows me that the Lord indeed brings together like-minded Christians and forges the friendship between us, it can only grow stronger. For those of you who do not have my Skype, it's elliot.chiam.
Alright, I have to end it here, while I was writing this post, 2 crazy SCGS girls from a certain small group named HYPER decided to pay me a visit downstairs. To cap it all of, I was listening to "Be Thou My Vision" again last night, such power in the lyrics of that song, listen to it please people! Be blessed.
High King of heaven, thou heaven's bright sun,
O grant me its joys after victory is won;
great Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
still be thou my vision, O Ruler of all.
Flying Back
written at Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Alright so it's been many months, time indeed does fly by like a speeding bullet, I'm yet to complete my packing, was taking a short afternoon nap because my morning has been pretty full, saw Samantha off at the airport today, will miss her, she's on a mission trip to Myanmar, pretty dangerous if you ask me, I pray that God will protect the group as they set out to make His name known over there. I'm not part of Trackers, don't really know much about it, all I know is the BC girls have been preparing and committing their time to training, learning and preparing themselves for this, I'm very sure the Lord has taught them many new things over the past few weeks, it'll be one big experience.
I'll miss all my friends here in Singapore, you know who you are, those people I've hung out with, ate with, talked with, shared with, prayed with, photo-posed with. It's been such an eventful few months, the only thing I won't miss after flying back to NZ is the sweltering, scorching heat that I've experienced while I was here, the CNY period was especially insane.
Another new page in the book, University starts in March, will be settling down and resting, spending time with family before commencing my studies, I'm quite excited actually, a tad bit scared, fearful if you will, of what the future holds, but I thank God for all your encouragements the last few days, pointing me back to the scriptures. "Wish I had some ancient advice for you to survive, but I realised it is all found in the Bible!" - Gladwin.
I've gotten closer to many more people I never knew I would grow closer to while in Singapore, shows me that the Lord indeed brings together like-minded Christians and forges the friendship between us, it can only grow stronger. For those of you who do not have my Skype, it's elliot.chiam.
Alright, I have to end it here, while I was writing this post, 2 crazy SCGS girls from a certain small group named HYPER decided to pay me a visit downstairs. To cap it all of, I was listening to "Be Thou My Vision" again last night, such power in the lyrics of that song, listen to it please people! Be blessed.
High King of heaven, thou heaven's bright sun,
O grant me its joys after victory is won;
great Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
still be thou my vision, O Ruler of all.