Empty Words?
written at Thursday, February 11, 2010
Was doing my daily twitter round and came across Mike Donehey's tweet which I thought was very true, "Sometimes I wonder about Twitter. Have we fallen more in love with the telling, or with the thing itself?" he then went on to mention, "Sad to say but often times, God isn't nearly as impressive to me as all the fancy things I can say about Him..."
After reading the quote, it hit me, hard. Sure thing, many times, I can go around saying "My God is faithful, my God is my refuge in a time of struggle, my God provides." These things, which comes out of my wicked, deceitful, lying tongue bears no lasting fruit if I do not apply these promises into my life.
I want to taste and see that the Lord is good.
Empty Words?
written at Thursday, February 11, 2010
Was doing my daily twitter round and came across Mike Donehey's tweet which I thought was very true, "Sometimes I wonder about Twitter. Have we fallen more in love with the telling, or with the thing itself?" he then went on to mention, "Sad to say but often times, God isn't nearly as impressive to me as all the fancy things I can say about Him..."
After reading the quote, it hit me, hard. Sure thing, many times, I can go around saying "My God is faithful, my God is my refuge in a time of struggle, my God provides." These things, which comes out of my wicked, deceitful, lying tongue bears no lasting fruit if I do not apply these promises into my life.
I want to taste and see that the Lord is good.
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer