e n t r i e s
p r o f i l e
t a g b o a r d
l i n k s
Stay The Course
written at Wednesday, March 10, 2010

As I interact with many people at University, all with differing dreams, ambitions and plans for themselves, I realise the importance of standing firm in your own decisions, not getting swayed by the wind too easily. Some will tell you that they are doing something different, a different route, and naturally I will go, "Oh alright that is quite interesting hmmm yeah." And I will actually go back home and review what I'm doing now and see if it aligns to what I've decided and planned and decided in the first place.

Most of all I want to do what I enjoy, sure thing, banking, finance, economics will be a potentially lucrative prospect. But what's the use if I don't enjoy it? One thing I've realised in myself, is that if I don't enjoy it, I simply won't do very well in it.

There would be a certain uncertainty for what's to come in the future, what kind of job I will have, what kind of role I will take in the workforce, that is if I even decide to get into the workforce. That's where I agree strongly with what my parents say, I should just enjoy each and every single day, each day has it's own little barriers, it's own little challenges, fun, enjoyment and fulfilment, do your very best now while you're in it and stay the course. Stop worrying about tomorrow and focus on what's now.

Proverbs 30:7-9

Two things I ask of you, O Lord;
do not refuse me before I die:

Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.