e n t r i e s
p r o f i l e
t a g b o a r d
l i n k s
L'Oreal Graduate Presentation
written at Tuesday, April 20, 2010

L'Oreal came to to the University to introduce graduate opportunities for their company. From my observations, they are one of the few companies who actually visited the University in search for marketing graduates, away from the usual ones who hunt for accountancy or finance majors. Since marketing would be one of the majors that I will be doing I just thought of paying them a visit.

I happened to be in the computer lab doing my work when suddenly, something grave and important dawned upon me.

1. I happen to be a guy, a male, someone with an XY chromosome combination.
2. I happen to be a guy, a male, someone with an XY chromosome combination.
3. L'Oreal is the world's largest beauty and cosmetic company.

With the facts above, I panicked. It dawned upon me that if I attended this presentation my perceived masculinity would have decreased by approximately 80%, not 100% because I would have to dress in a drag for that statistic. Alarmed and anxious, I attended anyway.

It was good. Yes it was good because of the freebies (by which half of them were absolutely useless to me because I happen to be a guy, a male, someone with an XY chromosome combination), but more importantly, I have more or less confirmed that marketing would definitely be one of my majors out of the two. The question that I would have to ask myself is, what area of marketing would I be particularly interested in doing in the future? The presentation shed a bit more light and broadened my horizons a little bit more.

I think the main challenge of marketing is not the fact that people have brilliant ideas to market their product. Rather, getting them across.