e n t r i e s p r o f i l e t a g b o a r d l i n k s
Shine Your Light To The World
written at Tuesday, May 4, 2010
"How can I stand here with You and not be moved by You?" one of the well-known song lyrics by Lifehouse. Of course the lyrics of the song could be interpreted in different ways which brings me to what I'll share in this blog post.
Watching this video and listening to this song stirred something inside of me. What exactly encompasses my worship? How do I define worship? Essentially this song challenged me greatly, however it is one thing to challenge me, now comes the choice of whether or not I want to intentionally get out there and be this "carrier" of love, compassion, hope and salvation that God is calling me, and all of us, to be. Worship draws us to a closer relationship with the Lord, it brings us to the heart of God. Then I realised that as I draw closer, as I pray that God will "open the eyes of my heart" as the song goes, He reveals that it's not just about my relationship with Him, it's about my relationship with others as well. Am I sharing this relationship that I have with Him in the relationships I have with others? "How can I stand here with You and not be moved by You?"
To those reading this, I encourage you to watch the video below (First time embedding a video into my blog, I'm very pleased at the outcome). Let the lyrics of the song soak in, may it challenge you, may it challenge us.
The Spirit of the LORD is upon me To preach good news to the poor To bind up the broken-hearted To make you known even more So the people living in darkness will see the great light
The Spirit of the LORD is upon me Freedom and truth to proclaim Trade your ashes for the oil of gladness And your sorrows for garments of praise
I'll be the carrier of love and compassion I'll be the carrier of light to the world I'll be the carrier of hope and salvation I will go shine Your light to the world I will go shine Your light to the world
Shine Your Light To The World
written at Tuesday, May 4, 2010
"How can I stand here with You and not be moved by You?" one of the well-known song lyrics by Lifehouse. Of course the lyrics of the song could be interpreted in different ways which brings me to what I'll share in this blog post.
Watching this video and listening to this song stirred something inside of me. What exactly encompasses my worship? How do I define worship? Essentially this song challenged me greatly, however it is one thing to challenge me, now comes the choice of whether or not I want to intentionally get out there and be this "carrier" of love, compassion, hope and salvation that God is calling me, and all of us, to be. Worship draws us to a closer relationship with the Lord, it brings us to the heart of God. Then I realised that as I draw closer, as I pray that God will "open the eyes of my heart" as the song goes, He reveals that it's not just about my relationship with Him, it's about my relationship with others as well. Am I sharing this relationship that I have with Him in the relationships I have with others? "How can I stand here with You and not be moved by You?"
To those reading this, I encourage you to watch the video below (First time embedding a video into my blog, I'm very pleased at the outcome). Let the lyrics of the song soak in, may it challenge you, may it challenge us.
The Spirit of the LORD is upon me To preach good news to the poor To bind up the broken-hearted To make you known even more So the people living in darkness will see the great light
The Spirit of the LORD is upon me Freedom and truth to proclaim Trade your ashes for the oil of gladness And your sorrows for garments of praise
I'll be the carrier of love and compassion I'll be the carrier of light to the world I'll be the carrier of hope and salvation I will go shine Your light to the world I will go shine Your light to the world
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.