Gathering In His Name
written at Thursday, May 27, 2010
Just finished the book of Ephesians with the small group. Just would like to dedicate this post to you guys. Through this semester we have really journeyed through Paul's letter to the church in Ephesus, I am very sure each of us have taken something precious from these studies.
I was reflecting through it, in one epistle Paul has brought us through a wide range of issues, instructions and exhortations. From highlighting the sovereignty and supremacy of God, His love and grace toward us through His son Jesus Christ, establishing a relationship with us and thus uniting all of us to the body of Christ, our relationships with each other, our relationships in our families, putting on the armour of God to live a life standing firm for Him.
I know for sure that you all are investing in eternity, as hard as it may be at times, the distractions around us, the stress, the worries, I personally feel the important of meeting and gathering on such occasions as this. They seem to me so precious. My desire to continue falters, but I see the eagerness and the passion and the love you guys have for Him, desiring to know Him on a deeper level every single day, it really encourages me to do the same.
Thank you.
Matthew 18:20For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”
Gathering In His Name
written at Thursday, May 27, 2010
Just finished the book of Ephesians with the small group. Just would like to dedicate this post to you guys. Through this semester we have really journeyed through Paul's letter to the church in Ephesus, I am very sure each of us have taken something precious from these studies.
I was reflecting through it, in one epistle Paul has brought us through a wide range of issues, instructions and exhortations. From highlighting the sovereignty and supremacy of God, His love and grace toward us through His son Jesus Christ, establishing a relationship with us and thus uniting all of us to the body of Christ, our relationships with each other, our relationships in our families, putting on the armour of God to live a life standing firm for Him.
I know for sure that you all are investing in eternity, as hard as it may be at times, the distractions around us, the stress, the worries, I personally feel the important of meeting and gathering on such occasions as this. They seem to me so precious. My desire to continue falters, but I see the eagerness and the passion and the love you guys have for Him, desiring to know Him on a deeper level every single day, it really encourages me to do the same.
Thank you.
Matthew 18:20For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer