New Semester
written at Sunday, July 18, 2010
University starts tomorrow, I am excited. Time flies and I am already in my second year of varsity studies, I finally get to have a taste of my double majors. Having gone through a whole year of compulsory core subjects, it is refreshing to finally have a read of the papers I have actually chosen to study.
I am sitting here, ready to go to bed, quietly anticipating tomorrow. I am ready to start afresh, new semester, new fresh stack of books and notepads. Most of all, I want to do things differently, I want to improve on the things I have missed out on or failed to do back in the previous semester, I want to change. Self-motivation I would call it. I feel self-motivated. Yet I do not want my actions and my intentions to be empty, what does it really mean to "Honour God through studies, through University"? I mean, that's the most common phrase anyone can say, it's true though, but I want to know more...I have discovered that it's more than just my grades, my studies, my University life, me me me...
Read Romans 14:7 where it says, "For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone." This got me thinking. I have to pray that I have an increase in my heart's capacity to care beyond myself, to look beyond my personal interests or comforts. I think this is an appropriate, and much needed challenge for me this semester. It starts with love. It starts with the Source of love. Jesus.
I want to know more about Jesus. I want to know more about who He is, His character. Who He was to the people around Him. I want a pair of Jesus eyes. I want to see the things He sees...
I want a pair of Jesus eyes...
New Semester
written at Sunday, July 18, 2010
University starts tomorrow, I am excited. Time flies and I am already in my second year of varsity studies, I finally get to have a taste of my double majors. Having gone through a whole year of compulsory core subjects, it is refreshing to finally have a read of the papers I have actually chosen to study.
I am sitting here, ready to go to bed, quietly anticipating tomorrow. I am ready to start afresh, new semester, new fresh stack of books and notepads. Most of all, I want to do things differently, I want to improve on the things I have missed out on or failed to do back in the previous semester, I want to change. Self-motivation I would call it. I feel self-motivated. Yet I do not want my actions and my intentions to be empty, what does it really mean to "Honour God through studies, through University"? I mean, that's the most common phrase anyone can say, it's true though, but I want to know more...I have discovered that it's more than just my grades, my studies, my University life, me me me...
Read Romans 14:7 where it says, "For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone." This got me thinking. I have to pray that I have an increase in my heart's capacity to care beyond myself, to look beyond my personal interests or comforts. I think this is an appropriate, and much needed challenge for me this semester. It starts with love. It starts with the Source of love. Jesus.
I want to know more about Jesus. I want to know more about who He is, His character. Who He was to the people around Him. I want a pair of Jesus eyes. I want to see the things He sees...
I want a pair of Jesus eyes...
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer