Brooke Fraser In Auckland
written at Saturday, October 30, 2010
You who mourn will be comforted
You who hunger will hunger no more
All the last shall be first
Of this I am sure
You who weep now will laugh again
All you lonely be lonely no more
Yes, the last will be first
Of this I'm sure
I don't know why the innocents fall
While the monsters stand
I don't know why the little ones thirst
But I know the last shall be first
I know the last shall be first
A feast for the ears. A young lady from the North Shore named Lydia Cole played as the opening act, I really wanted to buy her EP but it was sold out! She was that good. Brooke was amazing as usual, played some her old tracks, "C.S Lewis Song", "Shadowfeet", "Deciphering Me", "Albertine", "Arithmetic" among the few notable ones. And of course being on the "Flags" tour, she played a number of tracks from her latest album which I'm yet to digest seeing that I only bought her album a moment ago, with her scribbles on it :) May I also mention, that her voice is simply like butter to my ears? One of the linchpins of the touring party is the great Aaron aka "The Octopus" Redfield, who is stupendously good at the multi-limbed hitting of things (like drums and stuff, he is half German and half Mexican, so he is not only accurate, but equally as festive.

I still remember the last time I met her, she was still a budding musician who had just released her first album not too long ago, I was in high school. She visited us to promote the 40 hour famine project, and she was there waiting before assembly started. I ran out of my maths class with some of my friends, much to the annoyance of the teacher, before the rest of the students arrived at the hall. Upon seeing her, I rushed to her, took out my exercise book (it was the only surface I could find for her to sign on, besides any of my body parts) and a pen, and proceeded to beg her gently till she obliged. She obliged. So yes, her autograph is on my exercise book. Problem is, I left it in the school cupboard upon leaving school.
All is not lost, at least I have her scribbles on the album I purchased :) Looking forward to listening to it fully over the next few days. I love Brooke, she's one of my favourites, so humble in person, you can see it through the interviews too. From the songs she writes for Hillsong, to the very personal or very relatable stories she sings about on her solo projects, she has grown so much in her craft, you can see it every time she shares something new.
Brooke Fraser you are really someone :)
Brooke Fraser In Auckland
written at Saturday, October 30, 2010
You who mourn will be comforted
You who hunger will hunger no more
All the last shall be first
Of this I am sure
You who weep now will laugh again
All you lonely be lonely no more
Yes, the last will be first
Of this I'm sure
I don't know why the innocents fall
While the monsters stand
I don't know why the little ones thirst
But I know the last shall be first
I know the last shall be first
A feast for the ears. A young lady from the North Shore named Lydia Cole played as the opening act, I really wanted to buy her EP but it was sold out! She was that good. Brooke was amazing as usual, played some her old tracks, "C.S Lewis Song", "Shadowfeet", "Deciphering Me", "Albertine", "Arithmetic" among the few notable ones. And of course being on the "Flags" tour, she played a number of tracks from her latest album which I'm yet to digest seeing that I only bought her album a moment ago, with her scribbles on it :) May I also mention, that her voice is simply like butter to my ears? One of the linchpins of the touring party is the great Aaron aka "The Octopus" Redfield, who is stupendously good at the multi-limbed hitting of things (like drums and stuff, he is half German and half Mexican, so he is not only accurate, but equally as festive.

I still remember the last time I met her, she was still a budding musician who had just released her first album not too long ago, I was in high school. She visited us to promote the 40 hour famine project, and she was there waiting before assembly started. I ran out of my maths class with some of my friends, much to the annoyance of the teacher, before the rest of the students arrived at the hall. Upon seeing her, I rushed to her, took out my exercise book (it was the only surface I could find for her to sign on, besides any of my body parts) and a pen, and proceeded to beg her gently till she obliged. She obliged. So yes, her autograph is on my exercise book. Problem is, I left it in the school cupboard upon leaving school.
All is not lost, at least I have her scribbles on the album I purchased :) Looking forward to listening to it fully over the next few days. I love Brooke, she's one of my favourites, so humble in person, you can see it through the interviews too. From the songs she writes for Hillsong, to the very personal or very relatable stories she sings about on her solo projects, she has grown so much in her craft, you can see it every time she shares something new.
Brooke Fraser you are really someone :)