Experiences
written at Wednesday, December 1, 2010
My apologies for the late post but things have been really busy over here! The moment I landed there just has been so much to do! What I've learnt the past few days was the whole concept of prioritizing. Well, throughout life you have little learning lessons, prioritizing would be one of them, but I think more so these few days while I'm back here. Life in Singapore can be such a rush. When you finish work and head home on a weekday, you only realise you have a few hours to spend, precious hours, before going to bed to recharge for the next working day.
So I think one of the things I have really learnt to do is to enjoy and savour every minute that you have. Because when you're working, you spend a good part of your day in the office, the reward of relaxation and leisure time is somewhat priceless! It is a good experience though, though I wished I had more time to rest and spend time outside, I know that there are always different seasons for everything.
The idea of being a Christian testimony in the marketplace is something that is relatively new to me, I'm figuring out how. In fact, I've only just started really thinking about it, it's one thing to listen or read a sharing/message from a conference shedding light on this topic, but a whole new different experience when you're actually doing it, which is mostly the case with many experiences in life. You cannot really seem to connect or fully relate when you read that someone is going through a very tough and stressful period at work, until you actually get in there and slog through it, then you fully realise, and empathize with that person's experience. And somehow, the sharing/message that he/she gives after that really comes to life in a whole new way! So thank God for these first hand experiences, I think I have to really pay attention to these things more!
Imagine walking with someone, talking about various things and when you land on a particular topic, that person stops dead in his tracks, looks up to you with his eyes noticeably wider and shimmering, with a surprised response along the lines of, "Are you serious?! Me too!" And somehow we forge a friendship from there.
So what I can say is, it's really great to have friendships based on these common experiences, common understandings and common interests. Even more so when they fit all of these experiences into the framework of their faith. And seeing how the Lord moulds, refines, shapes, transforms. Can you relate? :)
Experiences
written at Wednesday, December 1, 2010
My apologies for the late post but things have been really busy over here! The moment I landed there just has been so much to do! What I've learnt the past few days was the whole concept of prioritizing. Well, throughout life you have little learning lessons, prioritizing would be one of them, but I think more so these few days while I'm back here. Life in Singapore can be such a rush. When you finish work and head home on a weekday, you only realise you have a few hours to spend, precious hours, before going to bed to recharge for the next working day.
So I think one of the things I have really learnt to do is to enjoy and savour every minute that you have. Because when you're working, you spend a good part of your day in the office, the reward of relaxation and leisure time is somewhat priceless! It is a good experience though, though I wished I had more time to rest and spend time outside, I know that there are always different seasons for everything.
The idea of being a Christian testimony in the marketplace is something that is relatively new to me, I'm figuring out how. In fact, I've only just started really thinking about it, it's one thing to listen or read a sharing/message from a conference shedding light on this topic, but a whole new different experience when you're actually doing it, which is mostly the case with many experiences in life. You cannot really seem to connect or fully relate when you read that someone is going through a very tough and stressful period at work, until you actually get in there and slog through it, then you fully realise, and empathize with that person's experience. And somehow, the sharing/message that he/she gives after that really comes to life in a whole new way! So thank God for these first hand experiences, I think I have to really pay attention to these things more!
Imagine walking with someone, talking about various things and when you land on a particular topic, that person stops dead in his tracks, looks up to you with his eyes noticeably wider and shimmering, with a surprised response along the lines of, "Are you serious?! Me too!" And somehow we forge a friendship from there.
So what I can say is, it's really great to have friendships based on these common experiences, common understandings and common interests. Even more so when they fit all of these experiences into the framework of their faith. And seeing how the Lord moulds, refines, shapes, transforms. Can you relate? :)
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer