I Have Discovered
written at Friday, August 26, 2011
I know I haven't been blogging for sometime, things have been really busy leading up to the study break, 4 tests in a row, but it's finally over, I'm finally settling down to think, reflect and contemplate on all that has been the past week.
I discovered once again my love for fresh air, grass, birds, trees, scenery, the sun, all things beautiful and created by God. I discovered once again that we human beings are attracted to things of beauty, beauty that transcends what is on the surface, but from the heart. I have discovered once again that in putting my best effort into my work, I will be able to taste the fruits of my labour, that encourages and motivates me. I have discovered once again that my questions have been answered with an intimacy, softness and sweetness of fellowship with the Saviour.
I have discovered once again that man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart. I have discovered once again again that even the smallest of words of encouragement can mean a lot to a person. I have discovered once again that the light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison as mentioned in 2 Corinthians 4:17. I have discovered once again that I should be a good steward of the opportunities opened for me. I have discovered once again, my need for Jesus.
So let it be a daily discovery and re-discovery, all things good and all things true, all the promises and all the reminders made, which spurs me to continue this journey of faith.
I Have Discovered
written at Friday, August 26, 2011
I know I haven't been blogging for sometime, things have been really busy leading up to the study break, 4 tests in a row, but it's finally over, I'm finally settling down to think, reflect and contemplate on all that has been the past week.
I discovered once again my love for fresh air, grass, birds, trees, scenery, the sun, all things beautiful and created by God. I discovered once again that we human beings are attracted to things of beauty, beauty that transcends what is on the surface, but from the heart. I have discovered once again that in putting my best effort into my work, I will be able to taste the fruits of my labour, that encourages and motivates me. I have discovered once again that my questions have been answered with an intimacy, softness and sweetness of fellowship with the Saviour.
I have discovered once again that man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart. I have discovered once again again that even the smallest of words of encouragement can mean a lot to a person. I have discovered once again that the light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison as mentioned in 2 Corinthians 4:17. I have discovered once again that I should be a good steward of the opportunities opened for me. I have discovered once again, my need for Jesus.
So let it be a daily discovery and re-discovery, all things good and all things true, all the promises and all the reminders made, which spurs me to continue this journey of faith.
Profile
Knowing
What matters supremely, therefore, is not
in the last analysis, the fact that I know God,
but the larger fact which underlies it --
the fact that He knows me.
J. I. Packer